2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    How's MK going to spin this one tonight?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yea, right. So good that they outscored us 20-0 over 8 1/2 minutes, but we outscored them 52-42 the other 31 1/2 minutes. Got it!
      Not agreeing with it or saying it's right, but I guarantee you that will be the overriding narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
        I think Coach Brown should be given time. He was put in a tough spot last year and did a pretty damn good job. I know a lot of you are upset about losses to KState and North Texas but those are pretty good teams that will probably be in the tournament. Losing the 6’ 10” back up center last summer really hurt us. He could have backed up Mo and then Kenny P could have concentrated on the power forward position. Coach Brown has made some good decisions. He isolated Ricky in the OSU game which gave us that win and also switched to a matchup zone in a earlier game which also ended with a win. Recruiting needs to improve for sure.
        Your last sentence sums it up. A lot of coaching flaws can be overcome with 2-3 high level players. Scott Drew wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire until he landed a couple of great classes. Those classes also allowed him to grow as a coach.

What is frustrating, however, is we are competing against bank accounts, NIL shenanigans, and football resources when, if we get a recruit to visit, they see a rusting pile of steel and a weight room in the basement of an arena.

Comment

• "Not agreeing with it or saying it's right, but I guarantee you that will be the overriding narrative."

Agree. Within the first 30 seconds we will hear how good an opponent NT was...credit them for a great game, for taking us out of "our (non-existent) stuff." In truth the game was nausiatingly more of the EXACT same. I'm sick of coming out of time-outs and taking the ball out on our baseline and immediately throwing it over the top out to mid court, obviously NOTHING put together in the time out. Totally incompetent and directionless offensively. No discipline and accountability. Little logic to the rotation and PT distribution. I was giving some time to determine to myself this: IB is over his head and he is not leaning on the capable staff (BK primarily) for direction and advice. It wouldn't be this bad if he were. There's a reason colleges hire coaches to run programs; when left to even very capable players to run themselves you get exactly what were seeing.

Comment

• Last sentence nails it

Comment

• Let's see how they dances around questions tonight. With all the respect I have for MK he helps enable the hard questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not agreeing with it or saying it's right, but I guarantee you that will be the overriding narrative.
                The thing is I do think North Texas was a decent opponent. Solid, even. But that’s a game you MUST win at home if you think you’re a Top 3 conference team that’s gonna get an at-large.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Your last sentence sums it up. A lot of coaching flaws can be overcome with 2-3 high level players. Scott Drew wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire until he landed a couple of great classes. Those classes also allowed him to grow as a coach.

What is frustrating, however, is we are competing against bank accounts, NIL shenanigans, and football resources when, if we get a recruit to visit, they see a rusting pile of steel and a weight room in the basement of an arena.
                  Here’s a question to ponder since you’ve definitely asked some good ones lately:

At what point would you (and by you, I mean anyone on SN) be okay with playing in the slop? Clearly programs who have better facilities and financial support are already doing this. We’re already at a disadvantage facility-wise compared to other schools; why not have Chase Koch shell out $1M+ for a 5-star’s NIL deal?

Not going to say where I fall on this because I really don’t know, but it’s something to ponder. Not that CK would do it anyways. I know there are some programs who are legitimately clean, but it seems they are fewer and farther between.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I remember back in the day calling in during the Scott Thompson days when we had signed James Bunch and Thompson was raving about his numbers, but I had it on authority that the league he played in was bullshit and that he wouldn't see the floor in a 3A Kansas school. I got my question on the air and some kind of BS answer. Those were the days. Not this circle jerk that HCGM institutes to thwart the Dennises and Rons of the world.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Here’s a question to ponder since you’ve definitely asked some good ones lately:

At what point would you (and by you, I mean anyone on SN) be okay with playing in the slop? Clearly programs who have better facilities and financial support are already doing this. We’re already at a disadvantage facility-wise compared to other schools; why not have Chase Koch shell out $1M+ for a 5-star’s NIL deal?

Not going to say where I fall on this because I really don’t know, but it’s something to ponder. Not that CK would do it anyways. I know there are some programs who are legitimately clean, but it seems they are fewer and farther between.
                      I'm out if we go there. Find a level we can play clean and coach those players to the best of their ability. I'll live with the results.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I vote "no" primarily because I believe there will someday (soon?) be a split from programs primarily acting as minor league affiliates and those acting as legit college athletics; I want to be on the right side of that divide.

Comment

• IB said we played hero ball last 2 minutes. If you don't have 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, you're coming out. Problem tho, we only have 1 player who has 2 to 1. Porter. No mention if same goes for +/- numbers.

Comment

• IB: “You turn the ball over, you’re coming out”

Everyone not named IB: “Yeah, right”

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              IB said we played hero ball last 2 minutes. If you don't have 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, you're coming out. Problem tho, we only have 1 player who has 2 to 1. Porter.
                              I'll believe when I see it. In any case, not all turnover are equal. Those that are unforced are due to bad decisions then okay. But again I will believe it when I see it.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 20, 2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Porter did not practice today. Day-to-day. Ankle is very swollen. Putting him back in was probably not real helpful to that ankle.

Comment

Working...
                                X